The Friday post is going to be all about giving back, or as we call it in the Blogger world – featuring. And I am going to do this through an amazing tool, called blog awards. I have received two over the past 3 weeks, and since I never found time to blog about the first award, by the time I got the second one, it was so overdue, well you get it…
Anyways the two awards that my blog got were the:
1. Sunshine Award
2. One Lovely Blog
How exciting is that? I really appreciate all of my blogger friends, and would love for you to go check out their blogs as well.
I was nominated for the first award by Konstantina, and this award comes with this super cute picture of a flower -
And the rules are the following:
° Include the Award’s logo in a post on your blog
° Answer 10 questions about yourself
° Nominate 10 other bloggers
° Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated
° Share the love and link the person who nominated you
1. My favorite color: Black
2. My favorite animal : Bunnies and Dogs
3. My favorite number : 8
4. My favorite drink : Wine, Frozen Margaritas, or tea
5. Facebook or twitter : both
6. My passion: DIY, thrifting, especially when it involves going to the Goodwill outlet!
7. Prefer giving or getting presents: Giving!
8. My favorite pattern: Houndstooth! Yes, I am obsessed!
9. My favorite day of the week: Saturday
10. My favorite flower : tulips, lavender, roses
And now on to the nominees, aka the blogs I love to read:
And now on to the One Lovely blog award, which was passed on to me by Kristin from
http://bliss-athome.com/ Thank you so much Kristin, I really appreciate it!
The rules are as follows:
-Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
-Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
-Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
-Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
So the seven things about me that you probably don’t know (yeah that’s a hard one)
1. My Russian accent kicks in on certain words, like vodka, cookies, and some others, we constantly make fun of the way I say those words at work!
2. I love free stuff, and sometimes hoard fabrics, cosmetics, make up, etc. I’ll let you know if and when it’s going to get dangerous.
3. I think one of the best gifts you can give another person is a book, or gold!
4. I still have nightmares about Russia, going back, someone taking away my passport, and me not being able to come back to the States.
5. I secretly think Target is evil, but I shop there anyways.
6. I really don’t care that much for AC.
7. I love to watch my husband play video games!
I honestly hope these facts were good enough :) Now on to the nominees in this category:
2. Bargain Beauty http://estefanixo.wordpress.com
5. The Whimsy Papers http://kassiastclair.com
9. Cardis Parties and Bacardis http://cpandb.wordpress.com
12. M&J Blog http://blog.mjtrim.com
Whew, now I can check this post off my list! To give you an idea of what’s coming up on my blog next week, here is an approximate list of posts, which are of course subject to change ;)
- outfit that i wore to my friends wedding and recap of the wedding itself,
- outfit with the cardigan I upcycled with lace applique last week
- DIY color block bag – part 2 – yes, I am planning on finishing that!
- a vintage skirt refashion
These are just a few, I can’t wait for next week, have a fabulous weekend everyone!